Our vision is to reduce the number of new cancer cases as well as the illness, disability, and death caused by cancer for all Nevadans.
NCC is dedicated to evidence-based strategies and coordination of cancer prevention, early detection, treatment, support, and research efforts to improve the quality of life for everyone in Nevada.
NCC, with input from diverse community groups, approaches cancer prevention and control by addressing cancer prevention, early detection and diagnosis, treatment, and quality of life and palliative care. In considering these categories, the Nevada Cancer Plan has set five broad goals:
- Reduce the risk for developing cancer
- Increase early detection and appropriate screening for cancer
- Increase access to appropriate and effective cancer treatment and care
- Address quality of life issues for health care consumers affected by cancer
- Improve the coordination and collaboration between cancer control efforts
NCC values a process that encourages broad collaborative participation and is:
- Prevention oriented
- Science based
- Data driven
- Culturally competent
- Survivor informed
- Outcome oriented
- Comprehensive in Nature