A framework for improving quality of life
The 2021-2025 Nevada Cancer Plan is a living document providing a framework for stakeholders throughout the state to take action in reducing the burden of cancer for Nevadans.
Based on the most current data, scientific evidence, and evidence-based practices, this five-year plan provides a common set of goals spanning the cancer continuum, with a focus on health equity throughout:
- PREVENT cancer by reducing exposure to risk factors.
- INCREASE EARLY DETECTION of cancers to reduce late-stage diagnosis.
- ENSURE EQUITABLE ACCESS to health care for Nevadans.
- IMPROVE QUALITY OF LIFE for those diagnosed with cancer.
- PROVIDE HIGH QUALITY DATA to support and inform cancer control efforts and promote research to improve cancer prevention, detection, diagnosis, and treatment.
Nevada Cancer Coalition’s task forces and collaboratives are where much of the work on the Plan is accomplished. Each task force brings together members to network and collaborate on current issues and advance priority areas within the Plan. Collaborate with us!
Everyone has a role to play in reducing the burden of cancer and creating a healthier Nevada.