TransECHO: Gender Affirming Primary Care
Project ECHO Nevada invites you to their upcoming 7-session free series entitled TransECHO: Gender Affirming Primary Care. This series will be seven 60-minute-long teleconference sessions in which providers will have the opportunity to review gender affirming care with a multidisciplinary team of subject matter experts in the field of transgender medicine. Participants will bring patient cases from their practices for whom they have questions about providing gender affirming care such as initiation and maintenance of hormone therapy, mental health support, preventive care, sexual health and post-operative care.
This program is being sponsored by SilverSummit Healthplan using community reinvestment funds.
If interested, please register here to receive more information.
- May 9, 2023 : Intro to Gender identity, terminology, pronouns, creating a safe space; epidemiology and health challenges
- May 16, 2023 : Feminizing hormone therapy: Estradiol, anti androgens, progestagens, surgical procedures
- May 30, 2023 : Sexual health and STI screening, PrEP, rapid stART
- June 6, 2023 : Organ inventory and routine screening in primary care
- June 13, 2023 : Transgender adolescents: when puberty blockers may be appropriate
- June 20, 2023 : Post-operative care after gender affirming surgery
- June 27, 2023 : Masculinizing hormone therapy; testosterone; surgical procedures
*Dates subject to change
This is a free program with CME/CEU credit available. The University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine designates this Live Activity for a maximum of 1.0 credits for AMA PRA Category 1TM, nursing, and pharmacists.
If interested, please register here to receive more information and find additional links below including a printable flyer.